Re: email addresses truncating - Fixed

Paul,

Thank you much!for the feedback. I am sure you are right. I will attach
below the error message i was getting thrown back after sending, but first
I'll try and explain better my findings. As I said this server has had no
problems sending this number of emails(last two years) with word doc
attachments. I let the secretary edit the global address to delete/add new
teachers for the year. ( I am guessing there may be 5-10 extra users in
the ' All Staff" entry that she uses over what was used last school year).
After she edited the global address book is when these errors started
occuring a week ago. I was even considering there being white spaces in
the address book and everything else imaginable. As I have always done the
editing myself,with Firefox. I found today if I selected all staff about
220 users then tried adding her word doc attachment, browse then do the
ADD the quicksave dialog would pop as if the message had just been lost.
This has never done this before. This led me to believe it was quicksave
related? I tried sending and sure enough at the top as soon as i clicked
send I got a 67 error at the top as if I had a wrong email address
entered. This is the error I received. You will see the users
username/email address is "chopped off".the -k should be -kim This would
happen with different users names appearing this way over the last week
FYI.

he following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
strickler-k@localhost
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <strickler-k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>...
User unknown)
    (expanded from: strickler-k@localhost)

Bottom line, as soon as I disabled quicksave out of the plugins I could
send the (47k) attachment to all users with no bounce errors.
My current php settings are; 32M memory, 2M file upload,8M HTTP post.
What are your thoughts of increasing the values to memory 64M, and HTTP
post to 16M?
I have never had to alter these so I don't know if there are behind the
scense ramifications to increasing these?
Sorry for the long post.

Take Care,
Barry