Re: progress on the encoding problem?

pal-2 wrote:

> I wonder if there are any progress on the encoding problem I have
> reported. The problem is special
> characters like øæå in mails running the very latest RC2, standard version
> of SM with default
> settings. The only active plugin is html mail which I suspect being the
> main problem. The problem
> is visible when I reply or forward a mail containing special characters.
>
> I have installed the Norwegian nb_NO language pack as well. Some of the
> files in the language pack
> are encoded in UTF8 which seams to be part of the problem.

Contact plugin developer and ask him to fix plugin's my_html_entity_decode()
function. Function is broken in any non-iso-8859-1 translation and fallback
code does not decode html entities correctly even in iso-8859-1.
SquirrelMail 1.4.5+ has all but one functions needed to do conversions
better than PHP. Last needed function is in SquirrelMail trunk.

--
Tomas