Re: BAD Error in IMAP command : Unknown command

straygrey wrote:

> Jonathan Angliss wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 15:07:12 +0200, Alf Stockton <alf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I get
>>> ERROR : Bad or malformed request.
>>> Server responded: {530} BAD Error in IMAP command : Unknown command.
>>> when sending mail from Squirrelmail 1.5.0 on my Linux Debian server
>>> kernel
>>> 2.6.23.17
>>> How do I debug an "Unknown command"?
>>> Please tell me what I have done wrong.
>>
>> Are you sure "1.5.0"?  Not only is that development version, it's over
>> 5 years old, and we don't support it.
>>
> When I connect via www.stockton.co.za/squirrel I get to see a screen that
> says
>   1.4.9a and when I attempt an upgrade/reinstall
>
> li11-60:/home/alf# apt-get install squirrelmail
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> squirrelmail is already the newest version.

In www.stockton.co.za/squirrel you have SquirrelMail 1.5.0. Screen and
release notes say that. SquirrelMail 1.4.9 is in
www.stockton.co.za/squirrelmail/. You have two different SquirrelMail setups
on your server. Which version shows that IMAP error? Is same data directory
used in both setups?

SquirrelMail 1.5.0 is not compatible with PHP 5.2. I think your issue was
reported on https://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1366982. Issue
listed on the bottom of http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/KnownBugs

--
Tomas