Re: Idle Delay During Login

On Wed, July 15, 2009 11:31 am, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> Do you mean that if the user immediately logs out (clicks the sign out
> link) and logs in again, the delay does not happen?

Yes. Even if the user logs out and then waits several minutes and then
logs back in again it's almost instant. It's made testing difficult
because I don't know how long to wait to try again. Also, restarting
dovecot and apache doesn't seem to reset it. Is SM caching some stuff
server-side, and, if so, is there an easy and quick way to flush all SM
caches?

> What plugins are active?

1. delete_move_next (version provided with SM)
2. msg_flags 1.4.15a
3. mail_fetch (version provided with SM)
4. mailforward (homebrew to add/remove entry in dovecot forward file)
5. change_password (homebrew to change dovecot login password)
6. filters (version provided with SM)
7. squirrelspell (version provided with SM)
8. folder_synch 0.8-1.4.0
9. add_address 1.0-1.4.0
10. translate (version provided with SM)
11. username 2.3-1.0.0

Just for kicks I disabled *all* the plugins and I could no longer
reproduce. I'm going to mess around a bit more to narrow it down to a
specific plugin if possible. I'm hoping somebody can help me reset the
sessions more quickly to expedite this. :-)

> Please run src/configtest.php

Already done this - no errors.

> also please try a tarball of 1.4.19 from our site.

I hope it doesn't come to this. I used to manage it (and all my server
software) from source, but I'm trying to leverage as much stuff native to
the distro as possible so I don't have to monitor all the different
announce mail lists and hand tune everything etc. The distro does a good
job of manage the packages and my life is a lot easier making use of what
they provide. If I run out of other options I'll try this. But first I'll
try to isolate a plugin.

Thanks,

-Eric