Re: Logging Ability??

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Rodman Frowert<rodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use fail2ban to monitor a logfile so that I can ban brute force
> attempts to my Squirrel Mail login page.  Is the Squirrel Logger plugin what
> I want if I want to see what IP's attempted a login?  That will show
> successful and unsuccessful attempts and write them to a log file?

Yes, and it includes a how-to for integrating with fail2ban.  However,
the Lockout plugin also includes several features that help prevent
brute-force attacks on the SM login page with the ability to log its
events through Squirrel Logger.

> My second questions is, when the heck are the plugins going to be back open
> for business??

Not sure yet.  I can send you any of the above-mentioned plugins if
you ask me offlist.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team