Re: Still problems with 1.4.19 and "you must be logged in" error

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Jonathan Angliss wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:16:37 -0700 (PDT), SquirrelMail Email List
> <sm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Jonathan Angliss wrote:

>>> It was in response to a security report.  We try to overwrite the
>>> cookies that may already be set in the src/ directory to stop a hacker
>>> from attempting to steal information.

>>> I've not seen the issue myself, but then cannot say I run on a large
>>> variety of systems, so you may be coming across a combination we don't
>>> know about.
>>>
>>> What are you settings for session.auto_start in your php.ini?
>>>
>>> It's probably possibly that we should be pushing the call to the
>>> regenerate_id into src/login.php instead of src/redirect.php.

>>> I did notice that your report says you're using PHP 5.2.8, Chris
>>> Hoogendyk reported a similar issue with 1.4.18, and had several
>>> platforms upgraded.  Those running PHP 4.x worked, whilst the one
>>> running 5.2 failed.  I'm running 5.2.0 without issues, so I'm
>>> wondering if there might be additional changes that might cause some
>>> problems, or a link between browsers too.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jonathan Angliss
>>> <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>

>> So is this the final word on this problem? We are having the same problem
>> with our setup.
>
> I had not heard anything back from the original poster of the issue,
> so I'm not sure what I can say.  As you're able to reproduce the same
> issue, can you provide us with some more details? Platform? Web
> server? PHP version? Plugin details?
>
> --
> Jonathan Angliss
> <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sure. We're running a Debian Etch system here.

Apache2 version 2.2.3-4+etch8

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_auth_kerb/5.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch15 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_perl/2.0.2
Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations

mysql-server-5.0 version 5.0.32-7etch10
postfix version 2.3.8-2+etch1
courier-authlib-mysql version 0.58-4+etch3

This system runs 2 gigs of memory.

Plugins:
     1. vlogin
     2. delete_move_next