Re: squirrel mail sucks

Hi Jenny.

> I must say that this email really sucks. It's the worst I've ever
> experienced.

I assume that you're referring to the mail system as a whole, for which
the SquirrelMail Project isn't responsible.

> (1) When the English interface is selected, Chinese doesn't show

This is not a bug in SquirrelMail. SquirrelMail can be configured to show
Chinese mails in an English interface. You need to contact your system
administrator and have him/her fix your installation.

> (2) What's up with the attachment limitation of 2 MB? Free mail already
> gives more than 2 GB!

This is not a bug in SquirrelMail. SquirrelMail can be configured to have
as large attachments as you want. You need to contact your system
administrator and have him/her fix your installation.

> (3) How come there's no option to be able to forward squirrel mail mails
> to yahoo.com or gmail?

SquirrelMail is not a mail server - only the user interface. Mail
forwarding is done at the mail server. You need to contact your system
administrator and have him/her fix forwarding at the mail server.

> I have to switch because this is WAAAAY to hard to use.

Do you have examples on what you're trying to achieve that is way too
hard? The three issues above are not problems with SquirrelMail per se.

> This is seriously not user friendly! Can you provide some real help and
> not FAQ's that nobody understands?

I get the feeling that you're an end user, so I understand that the
information at <squirrelmail.org>, which is written for system
administrators who are installing and configuring SquirrelMail, and the
supporting their users (users such as yourself), is a bit off-topic for
you. The FAQ is easily understood by system administrators.

"If you're using SquirrelMail to read and write mails, but someone else
manages the SquirrelMail installation you're using, you're an end user.
SquirrelMail is typically installed for end users by their employer, the
school they attend, some organization that the end user is a member of, a
hosting company, or an Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Help for end users are acquired in two steps:
1. Read the documentation
2. Contact your mail system administrator"
<http://squirrelmail.org/support/enduser.php>

Sincerely,
Fredrik