LDAP Server binddn dependent on login user

Hello,
I found this question in some posting from early 2008 but I never found
an answer how to achieve this. The problem is I have a LDAP server
storing the address books of various users in different organizational
units and every user can access only his own address book/ou when
logging in to avoid users accessing address data etc. of other users
contacts. This works well when using e.g. Firefox where each user can
set his own binddn in his Firefox application. When it comes to
Squirrelmail and accessing the address book from with Squirrelmail the
problem is that I can set only global address books and not give any
user his own. So the question is, is the user login/password available
to be used as variables when specifying the binddn (or something similar)
e.g.:
binddn: cn=$loginname,ou=$loginname,dc=blah,dc=com
bindpw: $loginpasswd
so that each user logged in to Squirrelmail can use his own binddn and
login to the ldap server?
Is there any way to achieve this goal in the described way or else?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Gunnar