Re: Connection Dropped by imap server - SSL problem?

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Van <vanyel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi. I'm using  SquirrelMail version 1.4.8-5.el4_8.5 under RHEL 4 (kernel
> 2.6.9-78.0.17)  and the Secure Login plugin 1.3-1.2.8
>
> My SSL cert is due to expire Sunday so I made a new one. However, it
> seems that with the new cert, SM won't work. After user login, one gets
> no mailboxes. Almost always  it's "Connection dropped by IMAP server".
> Once I saw  ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.  Query: LSUB "" "*"
>
> Occasionally, IMAP drops happened before, but so far it's 100% with the
> new cert. On advice I saw on one page I googled, I fully rebooted the
> server after putting in the new cert. No change.
>
> Why would a change of cert cause this?

There's no way it would that I know of.

> Or is it just a symptom of
> another problem? I've reverted back to the old for now, but there's only
> 1 business day left on that.

After reverting, things "work"?!?  Well, then if the *ONLY* thing you
changed was the file link to the SSL cert in your Apache configuration
file (and restarted apache), then it does sound related, as
far-fetched as that is.

> Can anyone help?

You'll have to do some more of your own snooping.  If you didn't
change any SM configuration values and only the SSL certificate Apache
is using, then it shouldn't be an SM problem.  Just make sure you've
not changed SM at all and are using it in the same way (over https,
etc).

You should watch your IMAP/mail logs to see if you can get more
information about the problem.  See if you can increase logging
verbosity for the IMAP server.  Ask in the proper IMAP forum about the
drops.  Increase concurrent connection limits if applicable.  Etc.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team