Re: HTTPS problem

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:12:44PM -0700, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> Then this is entirely unrelated to SquirrelMail.  You should create a
> test document on your server with just "<html><body>Hello
> World</body></html>" and work out your Apache configuration until you
> can access it with https.  After that, SquirrelMail should work fine.

Yes, and according to the man pages it should be trivial.

I agree that at this point it is an Apache config problem, but at some
other point, I was told that maybe I am using old config files and that
might be the reason why it didn't work.

So just checking: You say that with the default squirrelmail web config
file, things should work in Apache2?  Like the one below:

> > <Directory /usr/share/squirrelmail>
> >  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> >  <IfModule mod_php4.c>
> >    php_flag register_globals off
> >  </IfModule>
> >  <IfModule mod_php5.c>
> >    php_flag register_globals off
> >  </IfModule>
> >  <IfModule mod_dir.c>
> >    DirectoryIndex index.php
> >  </IfModule>
> >
> >  # access to configtest is limited by default to prevent information
> >  # leak
> >  <Files configtest.php>
> >    order deny,allow
> >    deny from all
> >    allow from 127.0.0.1
> >  </Files>
> > </Directory>
> > <VirtualHost *:80>
> >  DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail
> >  ServerName mail.garrels.be
> >    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/mail.garrels.be-error.log
> >    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/mail.garrels.be-access.log combined
> > SSLEngine On
> > SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/apache.pem
> > </VirtualHost>

Best regards,

Machtelt.

--