solution for connection droped by IMAP server and slowness of squirrelmail server

Sir,
I am facing two problems with squirrelmail
(1)  connection droped by IMAP
(2)  slowness of squirrelmail server (It takes too long time to load users' mails)

What is the max. capacity of mail box size (in mb or nos. of mails)?? over limit mailbox size creates problem to load mail box??
wat is the role of vpopmail service?? Is it responsible for slowness of squirrelmail? sometimes it took space in gigabytes.
Sometimes it took so longtime to load mailbox and by the time it displayed this msg "connection droped by IMAP Server".

Provide the solution for slowness of squirrelmail. I am working from long time but anable to solve this issue and it is so painful for me.

Thx N waiting for kindly reply,
-Jaydeep

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!