ANNOUNCE: SquirrelMail 1.4.18 Released

Greetings,

The SquirrelMail Team is pleased to announce the release of
SquirrelMail version 1.4.18.  The most notable changes for this
version are several security fixes, including a couple XSS exploits, a
session fixation issue, and an obscure but dangerous server-side code
execution hole.  However, this version also includes three new
languages and more than a few enhancements to things such as the
filters plugin, the address book system and other things under the
hood.  For more complete details, see the ReleaseNotes and ChangeLog
files included in this release (they have moved to the doc/
directory).  We advise all users of SquirrelMail software to upgrade.

The latest release can be downloaded from the SquirrelMail website:

   http://squirrelmail.org/download

Package md5sums
===============
2df99afc1bc3b121296af65f52fbc5cc  squirrelmail-1.4.18.tar.bz2
5e870d2f5b57b4b0e42497cb0a0fae5e  squirrelmail-1.4.18.tar.gz
b7b87b73797633c8d92d3da95d7e97c9  squirrelmail-1.4.18.zip

Package sha1sums
================
18872d8ad72f3415672344318901beb9d4d8a860  squirrelmail-1.4.18.tar.bz2
25be33dec86419f07ab8d5b8d41d0e3eed7d2c52  squirrelmail-1.4.18.tar.gz
eb600ab91f78dc6dbbfb029c6521b728f0e624f7  squirrelmail-1.4.18.zip

**** The SquirrelMail team can use your help! ****

Attention all users of SquirrelMail:

SquirrelMail is currently celebrating 10 years of providing free, Open
Source Software to the world.  We have a lot to be grateful for and
many people to thank for how successful we've been!  But running a
high-profile project with all-volunteer labor means that the mundane
chores gradually consume all our effort and sideline our visionary
initiatives for our next big release.  We feel that the time is right,
after so many years of free service, to ask our community to
contribute to the project and support us in keeping up with ongoing
maintenance and development, and in speeding up the release of our
new, fully-skinable "Web 2.0" version.  Please visit our donations and
bounties page here:

   http://squirrelmail.org/donations.php

Attention developers:

We consist of volunteers developing the most popular open source
webmail client available.  We're looking for people to join our team
to help keep our product quality high and to continue to deliver new
and enhanced features.  Our project offers an interesting challenge at
the intersection of the IMAP, SMTP and HTTP protocols.

What can you do to help? Any of the following:
 * Develop new features: help out on making SquirrelMail "skinnable" or work
   with new technologies
 * Help sort and fix bugs: interact with submitters, find test cases and
   solutions to bugs
 * Support our users by answering questions on the mailing lists or the IRC
   channel
 * Translate SquirrelMail into your language
 * Donate to the developers: feed us nuts!

For more details, please refer to http://squirrelmail.org/howtohelp

Happy SquirrelMailing!
The SquirrelMail Project Team