Re: TOOOO many emails

no top posting, please...
On Sun, April 5, 2009 1:59 pm, jeremy bromley wrote:
> TOOO Many emails is my own description.
>
> The error I was getting was a timeout error, I was using SquirrelMail
> web-client. It just can't seem to process the amount of emails there.
> There
> are about 103,000 on the list.

cat /dev/null > /path/to/email/folder/to/clean/up

That will be the fastest method of taking care of the problem, unless
you aren't on a flavor of *nix. If you are using and M$ product, someone
else will have to give you an idea.

HTH,

KLP

> 2009/4/5 Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:46 AM, jeremy bromley
>> <jeremy.bromley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi folks, I have a domain that has too many emails on it's admin
>> account
>> > download, and has filled up their quota. I need to delete the emails
>> (it's
>> > just junk email and the address hasn't been used for 2 years). I
>> can't
>> seem
>> > to download them though as I just get errors saying "Cannot download
>> -
>> too
>> > many mails" ... sigh - Any help would be most appreciated.
>>
>> You don't "download" email with SquirrelMail - it only reads messages
>> on the server and leaves them there.  SquirrelMail also does not have
>> any errors that say anything about "download - too many mails".  It
>> sounds to me like you might be using a POP mail client (Outlook?), not
>> SquirrelMail.  You may need to contact your service provider instead.

> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---