Fwd: Fwd: squirrel password with alphanumeric password

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: squirrel password with alphanumeric password

> I am using squirrelmail as default web mail.
> Looking for squirrel alphanumeric password.
>
> As of now my users keep simple words as their mail password.
> Kindly suggest appropriate plugin for the same.
>
> forgot to mention.
> I am using qmail & poppassd for squirrel password change.

Some password change plugins allow you to put these restrictions in
place.  poppassd relies on the system itself to do this, which should
be sufficient.  So it's not a SquirrelMail issue.  Try using the
passwd command on the command line - change your password to some
simple dictionary word and if it lets you without complaining, then
you need to consult your system documentation to find out why it is so
poorly configured.

thanks for the reply.
I understand this is not squirrel's job to prevent users from entering easy passwords.
As I could not find better password change service for qmail I modified existing plugin.

http://www.linuxreaders.com/2009/04/25/squirrelmail-with-strong-password/

--
Regards
Dhaval Thakar