Re: TOOOO many emails

On Sun, April 5, 2009 12:37, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:46 AM, jeremy bromley
> <jeremy.bromley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks, I have a domain that has too many emails on it's admin account
>> download, and has filled up their quota. I need to delete the emails
>> (it's
>> just junk email and the address hasn't been used for 2 years). I can't
>> seem
>> to download them though as I just get errors saying "Cannot download -
>> too
>> many mails" ... sigh - Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> You don't "download" email with SquirrelMail - it only reads messages
> on the server and leaves them there.  SquirrelMail also does not have
> any errors that say anything about "download - too many mails".  It
> sounds to me like you might be using a POP mail client (Outlook?), not
> SquirrelMail.  You may need to contact your service provider instead.
On squirrel mail you may see timeouts if you have the system set to move
the emails to the trash folder and then purge them.  If this is the issue
you are seeing (and not as Paul suggested, you aren't really using SM at
all) then go into Options->Folder Preferences and in the Trash Folder drop
down select 'Do not use Trash' Submit your changes and then do your
deletes.  Do note that when set like this there is NO UNDO.  After you've
cleaned things out, go back and rest it.

Hope this Helps.
------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer