Re: Squirrelmail an ServerAlias

On Sun, March 29, 2009 11:50 am, LuKreme wrote:
> I have the following:
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      ServerName sm.example.com
>      ServerAlias securemail.example.com
>      ServerAlias webmail.example.com
>      ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>      DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/
>      #SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.pem
>      #SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.key
>      ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error.log
>      CustomLog /var/log/httpd-access.log combined
>      DirectoryIndex secure.html
> </VirtualHost>
>
> All the server aliases have DNS CNAMEs that point to the correct IP,
> but only the serverName directive works.  Do I have to do something
> like this:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      ServerName sm.example.com
>      ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>      DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/
>      #SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.pem
>      #SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/server.key
>      ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error.log
>      CustomLog /var/log/httpd-access.log combined
>      DirectoryIndex secure.html
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <virtualhost: *:80>
>   Servername webmail.example.com
>   redirect permanent / http://sm.example.com
> </virtualhost>

I don't think that will work, necessarilly, because of the
DirectoryIndex part. I have mine setup this way, which has worked for 8
years on 3 different versions of Apache:

<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 DocumentRoot /var/www/html/webmail
 ServerName webmail.mydomain.com
 ServerAlias webmail webmail.mydomain.com www.webmail.mydomain.com
 ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log.webmail
 CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log.webmail common
 ErrorDocument 403 /403.shtml
 ErrorDocument 404 /404.shtml
</VirtualHost>

I also have an explicit <Directory /var/www/html/webmail>
</Directory>

section with "Allow from all" and "Options ExecCGI Indexes" . . .

so maybe something along those lines will be necessary. And yes, I have
DNS served correctly, too, as you indicated you have as well.

Good luck.

Karl

> --
> Lithium will no longer be available on credit

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---