Fwd: Useful alternative that solves FRAMES problem

All,

  I got an offlist contribution from someone who wanted to use SM 1.4
in a mobile device that does not support frames.  What he did was add
the "menu bar" links from the top of the content pane in normal SM
operation to a "noframes" block added to the end of src/webmail.php.
Technically, this can be expanded to be dynamically generated with a
small amount of effort so plugins and other dynamic code is supported.
 Also note that in 1.5.2+, it is possible to create your own frameless
skin pack without any source hacks.  Here is his patch:

>>> Squirrelmail works fine in browsers that support frames,
>>> but I found that my cell phone browser doesn't support frames.
>>>
>>> Researching the problem, I found a <noframes> tag that can be added
>>> inside the frameset and allows browsers that don't support frames, to
>>> show what is inside <noframes> tag
>>>
>>> I added the following to webmail.php:

webmail.php:

echo $output;
?>

+ <noframes>
+ <h3>Navigation</h3>
+ <a href="/src/left_main.php">Side Frame</a> | <a
+ href="/src/compose.php">Compose</a> | <a href="/src/right_m
+ ain.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&sort=0&startMessage=1&mailbox=INBOX">INBOX</a> | <a
+ href="/src/right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=
+ 0&sort=0&startMessage=1&mailbox=INBOX.Drafts">INBOX.drafts</a> | <a
+ href="/src/right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&sor
+ t=0&startMessage=1&mailbox=INBOX.Sent">INBOX.sent</a> | <a
+ href="/src/right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&sort=0&start
+ Message=1&mailbox=INBOX.Trash">INBOX.trash</a>
+ </noframes>

</frameset>