Re: Trouble with Port 443 after Upgrade to 1.4.14-1

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>> I installed the SVN version as you requested.
>> The banner displays as:
>>
>> SquirrelMail version 1.4.17 [SVN]
>
> Looks like the script that generates snapshots stalled out in
> December.  Too bad.  I'll have to get with the team on that one.  So
> for now, you'd have to resort to an anonymous SVN checkout instead to
> get our newest code.
>
>> So, I know I'm pointing to the proper version.
>
> Unfortunately, you aren't.

Okay, I installed from SVN.  Now my banner says:
SquirrelMail version 1.4.18 [SVN]

Same behavior.  Everything works fine using port 8024, but not using 443.

> As well as getting the newest SM code, you need to inspect the cookies
> in your browser.  It may be possible that you are experiencing bug
> #2388423, which is addressed in 1.4.18SVN.

Using firefox, I can see that the cookies for the server are available.
I don't have the knowledge to determine if they are correct.

I have four cookies "SQMSESSID".
I have two cookies "squirrelmail_language"
I have one cookie "key"

If I remove the cookies, then use port 443 again, I only have one
set (4 totals), all of which are coded with
"Send For: Encrypted connections only"

Next I downgraded to this version (banner display):
SquirrelMail version 1.4.16

Now, both ports 443 and 8024 work properly.

So, there was something different between version 1.4.16 and 1.4.17 which
caused my specific behaviour change in squirrelmail.

However, it's possible my problem might be caused by the fact I am
not using port 443 is a standard SSL manner.  I don't use SSL at
all and I've never figured out how to set it up in the proper
use case.  I only use ports 443 since it's accessible both from
work and through my ISP.  And, some change in 1.4.17 was fixing
some bug which allowed me to use 443 when I shouldn't have been
able too.  I dunno ... you know more about this than I do.
I'm certainly willing to learn about how to setup SSL if necessary
to properly use port 443.

Jim