Re: Fail to start SM

> From: Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Nov 23, 2008  03:47 AM
> To: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re:  Fail to start SM
>

> rkllee wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > Further to my posting at the bottom of this email problem has been solved.
> >

> > Steps performed as follows;
> >

> > Ran
> > # /var/www/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl
> >
> > 9 -> 1
> >
> > entered;
> > mysql://rkllee@xxxxxxxxxxx:mypassword@xxxxxxxxx/maildb.users
> >
> > S -> Q
> >
> > (remark:  maildb=database  users=table)
>
> DSN should not include table name. Your configuration is set to use database
> called "maildb.users"

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your advice.

Changing the statement of "DSN for Address Book" as;
mysql://rkllee@xxxxxxxxxxx:mypassword@xxxxxxxxx/maildb

didn't help, ERROR warning still popup.  I tested it before posting.  Therefore I changed "maildb" as "maildb.users" including the table_name.  Just reconfirmed it before posting this email.

If adding;
mysql://rkllee@xxxxxxxxxxx:mypassword@xxxxxxxxx/maildb
to "DSN for Preferences"

Warning;
ERROR: Database error: connect failed in preferences DSN.

I can't login SM, warning;
Preference database error (connect failed). Exiting abnormally

That is my present situation.  I must leave "DSN for Preferences" blank before I can login SM.

Furthermore;
Prior to solving login problem, I couldn't start SM on browser.  I made heavy search on Internet and did following steps.

1)
# apt-get install php-file php-db

then I can start SM but unable to login.

2)
Download DB-1.7.13.tgz on Internet.  Decompressed it.  Then

# cp -R db-4.7.25/db/ /usr/share/php

Still unable to login SM.

3)
Edited following file;

# nano /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user

adding following lines before 1;

@lookup_sql_dsn = (
    ['DBI:mysql:database=maildb;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306',
     'mail',
     'mailpassword']);

$sql_select_policy = 'SELECT name FROM virtual_domains WHERE CONCAT("@",name) IN (%k)';
* end *

Still I can't login.

# cat /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user
use strict;

@lookup_sql_dsn = (
    ['DBI:mysql:database=maildb;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306',
     'mail',
     'mailpassword']);

$sql_select_policy = 'SELECT name FROM virtual_domains WHERE CONCAT("@",name) IN (%k)';

#------------ Do not modify anything below this line -------------
1;  # insure a defined return

$mydomain= 'example.com';
$daemon_user= 'virtual';
$daemon_group= 'virtual';
@local_domains_acl = qw(.);
$inet_socket_port = 10024;
$forward_method = 'smtp:127.0.0.1:10025';
# @bypass_virus_checks_acl = qw( . );
# @bypass_spam_checks_acl = qw( . );

#
$TEMPBASE = "$MYHOME/tmp";
# Whilst debugging
$log_level = 2;
$warnbannedrecip = 1;
$warn_offsite = 1;
$warnvirusrecip = 1;
$spam_quarantine_to = "spam-quarantine\@$mydomain";
$virus_quarantine_to = "virus-quarantine\@$mydomain";
$sa_local_tests_only = 0;
* end *

Whether I can revoke steps 2) and 3)?  TIA

B.R.
rkllee