Re: global Filters in default_pref

On Nov 20, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Richard Gliebe <richard.gliebe@xxxxxx
> > wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is it possible to create a global filter role for all users in
>> default_pref,
>> like
>>
>> filter=Subject,[SPAM],INBOX.Junk
>
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-5.html#ss5.6

[...]
Note that the default_pref file works only for users that don't have
an existing preference file (i.e. new users which haven't logged in
yet). If you want to add preferences to existing user accounts, you
should edit (manually or by a script) their existing preference files.
It's not recommended to delete the preference files, since that will
revert all preferences edited by your users, including such settings
as their real names.
[...]

thanks for the Link, BUT we have serveral (about 1400) user preference
files which contains user defined filter roles.

Is there a way to define one global Filter role in default_pref for
all users?

Thanks
Richard

>> we are using squirrelmail 1.4.9a-2 with dovecot-imapd
>> 1.0.rc15-2etch3 on
>> a Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 Box.

> challenge
> great prizes
> the world
> -----
> squirrelmail-users mailing list
> List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Gliebe
Information Services
Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH / University for Applied Science

Hochschulstrasse 1
A-6850 Dornbirn
T: +43 5572 792 2207
M: richard.gliebe@xxxxxx