Re: Quota question

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Jeremy Mann
<jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a question regarding the check_quota plugin. I don't care how large
> the users mail folders get, rather I want to put a quota on the size of
> their mail spool file. Will this check_quota plugin perform that function?
> If not, what would you recommend?

All SquirrelMail software (including SM itself) is merely a front end
to some other process on your server.  You need to find information
elsewhere about how to implement quotas for your particular system and
then determine how to configure the SM plugin to report the users'
current quota standing.

That said, I'm not sure there are any mail quota systems that are
based on the mail spool file size.  You might consider a different
delivery schema instead so there are no spool files.