Restoring Folder Structure

Hi all,
We lost our e-mail server at the beginning of this week and had to build
from scratch.
We had all users backed up of course, but are struggling with restoring the
folders that users had created within their squirrel mail account.
We have recreated all the users and then copied from the back up the
corresponding contents of the /var/spool/imap/user/user1 related to user1.
On the backup for user1 we can see all the folders that they have created,
but when user1 logs in, all that we see is the inbox (populated with mails),
Sent, Drafts etc. but not the folders that the user created.
Obviously we have missed something - what else needs to be copied over?
Thanks,
A very stressed and tired Jonathan.