Re: PROBLEMS WITH TIMEZONE

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Gabriel Lauter <lauter.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a Slackware server running Squirrelmail.
>
> Squirrelmail version = 1.4.15
> PHP version = 4.4.7
> Apache version = 1.3.37
>
> As you can se, my Timezone is configured to America/Sao_Paulo on Linux (with
> timeconfig tool) and on Squirrelmail (using Personal Information options
> screen).
>
> root@mail2:/var/www/htdocs/webmail# ls -l /etc/localtime*
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 172 2008-09-16 13:42 /etc/localtime
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  37 2008-09-16 13:42 /etc/localtime-copied-from ->
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Sao_Paulo
>
> root@mail2:/var/www/htdocs/webmail# cat
> /var/local/squirrelmail/data/myname\@mydomain.com.br.pref
> show_html_default=1
> javascript_on=1
> hililist=a:0:{}
> chosen_theme=../themes/plain_blue_theme.php
> custom_css=verdana-10.css
> show_num=30
> page_selector_max=20
> delete_move_next_t=off
> delete_move_next_formATtop=off
> delete_move_next_b=on
> delete_move_next_formATbottom=on
> sort=0
> timezone=America/Sao_Paulo
>
> PHP safe_mode is DISABLED <<<<<---
>
> The problem is... when I send an e-mail using my mail client (Thunderbird)
> everything works fine... but when I send an e-mail using Squirrelmail the
> e-mail comes with the wrong time information... looks like the mails was
> sent 6 hours before!
>
> For instance... if a send an e-mail at 1:00PM the e-mail is received looking
> like it was sent at 7:00AM.

You should search the mailing list archives for others with this
issue, as it's been discussed many times.  You also should be more
descriptive what "looking like it was sent..." means.  Show the mail
headers and indicate if the received times for all the other mails in
the inbox are converted to Sao Paulo time or not.  Also check your web
server logs for errors related to setting the time zone (IIRC when you
log in).