Off subject question..

Hello,

On our Squirrelmail server we use the MYSQL database for authentication.
This all works fine.

What I'm trying to figure out is how I can setup the SMTP server to use
that MYSQL database, that Squirrelmail uses, so that through this
authentication they are able to use the SMTP server to send out mail where
ever they might be, and that SMTP server will block all others unless by
certain IP addresses? (hope that makes sense!)

How is everyone else solving a problem such as this?

We currently use Postfix for SMTP on out Squirrelmail server and it also
uses MYSQL database for its delivery to all the virtual mailboxes.

Thanks,

Ken