Lighttpd vs. Nginx

Hi folks,

Although I do understand that's maybe not the best place to start such a
debate, there is a question I would like to address to this community.
I'm running Squirrelmail 1.4.15 (btw on FitPC hosting Ubuntu + postfix,
dspam, procmail and dovecot).

When accessing my mailbox through SM relying on Lighty, everything works
quite fine.
I recently deployed Nginx, goal being to replace Lighttpd.

I found some tutorials on internet explaining how to implement FastCGI. So
far so good, I did it but it basically doesn't work.
I mean I can access my mailbox and browse IMAP folders (it's faster than
Lighty) but I'm facing the ".../src/src/compose.php?mail..." error while
trying to compose email. If I manually remove the additional "/src" then
it works (mail is even sent, although I got an error message).

To make it short, SM works with Lighttpd but not with Nginx (I tried
multiple Nginx version, from 0.5 to 0.7.11)
Therefore my question would better fit in Nginx forum (I'm going to do it)
but except with SM, Nginx works well.

Now my question:

Have you ever experienced same behavior?
Google is sometime my friend but he refuses to help on this specific topic
:-)

TIA,
Cheers,

Christian