Re: Insert image with html mail plugin

>>> Is it possible to insert an image into the body of an html email that is
>>> in a
>>> folder located on the senders computer instead of attach image as the
>>> plugin
>>> only seems to allow a url not a path.
>>
>> http://squirrelmail.org/postingguidelines
>
> Sorry for that but I thought it was a simple question that did not require
> any further information.

No problem, but I do request that you think about the question a bit
more: what software are you inquiring about?  How is it currently
configured?  What other systems might be related?  How can I give as
much relevant information as possible to make it easy for someone to
help me?

I don't think you thought about some of those things.  But....

You are probably using HTML_Mail with FCKeditor.  There is no image
upload feature because you'd have to provide a place to upload them
to, then the plugin would have to embed them into the outgoing message
either as links to the uploaded images on your server or include them
as attachments to the message.  None of that is implemented in
HTML_Mail because it's a lot of work.  You can actually turn on a file
upload feature in FCKeditor by opening fckeditor/fckconfig.js inside
the HTML_Mail plugin and turning on FCKConfig.ImageUpload therein, but
again, that doesn't mean the uploaded images will go into the message
unless the HTML_Mail plugin is made to do so.  As always, patches are
welcome, of course.