Re: GPG fails to encrypt on send

> SquirrelMail version 	1.4.9a (from src/login.php)
> Plugins installed: 	GPG Plugin v 2.1
> gpg (GnuPG) 		1.4.9
> PHP Version 		5.2.6
> Web Server version: 	Apache/2.0.63
> Courier-IMAP 		4.3.1/i386-portbld-freebsd5.3/Mon Jun 23 04:39:26 MDT 2008
> SMTP server version   	1.03 qmail
> OS 			FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p37
> I'm also using procmail to sort incoming and tmda to exclude spam.
>
> ----
>
> debug=1
>
> When I try to encrypt it outputs lots. Excerpted from that what I think is
> important:
>
> opengpg - executing "/usr/local/bin/gpg --command-fd 7 --status-fd 5
> --no-tty --yes --openpgp --homedir
> /path/to/www/www.******.com/html/mail/data/shanesmith.gnupg --homedir
> ../../data/shanesmith.gnupg --always-trust --force-mdc --armor --encrypt
> -r 'st*******@****s.com' ''"
> gpg return status: 2
> Error can't open `': No such file or directory
> Error : encryption failed: file open error
> Error GPG Plugin: No cyphertext was generated.
>
> The command line passed to GPG has that last parameter empty ''. Is that
> the file that won't open? Why is the --homedir defined twice? Both
> definitions are correct relative to the gpg plugin directory.

I actually have the same problem, but it cropped up on a system where only
PHP had been changed, from version 5.2 to 5.2.6. Rolling PHP back to 5.2
gets GPG plugin version 2.0 working agin:::::::::::::::::

squirrelmail 1.4.8

freebsd	6.1
postfix	2.3.4
mysql	5.0.26
courier authlib	0.58
courier imap	4.1.1
apache	2.2.3
php	5.2 / 5.2.6
gnupg	1.4.9

plugins:
  delete_move_next
  squirrelspell
serversidefilter	1.5
  compose_fix	0.3
     select_range	3.5
  folder_synch	0.8
  quota_usage	1.3
  vlogin	3.9.0-1.2.7
multilogin	2.3.2-1.2
  change_sqlpass	3.3-1.2
  newmail
  compatibility	2.0.4
  listcommands
      mail_fwd	0.4.1
      calendar_sql_backend	1.1-2.0
   calendar (shared_calendar)	2.0.1
      abook_take
  image_buttons	1.4
      attachment_tnef	0.70
      unsafe_image_rules	0.8
      abook_import_export	1.0
     empty_folders	1.2-1.2
     gpg	2.0
     html_mail	2.3-1.4
msg_flags	1.4.3.1

Complicating things slightly, working on upgrading squirrelmail to 4.1.15
and plugins to latest, I can't get gpg working, even w/ the older php
version. I've tried 3 different versions of the gpg plugin, from the 2.0
that worked with squirrelmail 1.4.8, to the 2.1 available via squirrelmail
plugins page, to gpg.2.1devbuild02Mar08. They all do the same thing, which
is different than the
"Error can't open `': No such file or directory"
problem under squirrelmail 1.4.8.

Instead, when clicking "Encrypt Now" I get a blank white screen with debug
off, and with debug on::::::::::::::::

  {snip}
Begin Attachment Processing
no session data found, restoring from restoremessages
Contents of Message object

So if we could live with older everything, we could offer this wonderful
gpg feature to users (again.) But we really need to keep php current
(known vulnerabilities), and want to get squirrelmail up to date (eager
for 1.5) so I'm actively debugging this seemingly session related issue,
but I'm more of a sysadmin than a php programmer, so I invite and
appreciate help!

   Ben

P.S. Other key management functions of gpg plugin work fine. Clicking
"Encrypt&Sign Now" or checking "Encrypt on Send" has same problem.
Checking "Sign on Send" comes back to message composition after prompting
for pw.