Re: squirrelmail-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 16

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:40:12 +0200 (CEST)
> From: "Benny Pedersen" <me@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re:  Alternative for Squirrelmail for mobile use
> To: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On Sun, June 22, 2008 19:29, Geoff wrote:
>> I think the current version of Squirrelmail isn't very good for use on
>> mobile devices. Therefore can anybody recommend an alternative IMAP web
>> client to install (in parallel with SM) for use with mobile devices?
>
> http://www.horde.org/mimp/
>
> webmail with horde framework comes to mind here, only reason i not using
> it is
> that its to much complicated to manage it with updates, but still hope it
> will
> be better olso, squirrelmail can olso be on mobile but it imho alot of
> work to
> be done before this can be used
>
> its more simple with a mobile that supports imap direct

I agree that it is more simple with IMAP on the phone and that's what I
use when in my home country. However, my network's Internet APN (which I
need to use for IMAP) is very expensive to access when roaming. The WAP
APN is much cheaper, hence my need for a web client that will work well on
a small screen.

Thanks,
Geoff