Re: squirrelmail used for spam

I had the same issue of spamming via my squirrelmail few days ago.
Suddenly, I found large queued mails on my mail server authenticated via
squirrelmail. Below are things that I found after a short analysis

- All exploited accounts had same username and password. I don't how did
they find all the list of usernames.
- All exploited accounts preference were changed (Name, email, reply address)
- All exploited accounts were forced to use signature and multiple
signatures were full of spam messages with filename in this pattern
username.si1 username.si2 username.si3..... for same user.

When I forced the exploited accounts to change their password, then my
problem has been solved.

With Regards
Nabin Limbu