Re: Office 2007 documents

Postmaster-697 wrote:

>>> We are using squirrelmail version 1.4.8
>>>
>>> When emailing a Word 2007 document with the ".docx" extension, Webmail
>>> mis-recognizes is as plain-text, causing it to be displayed as garbage
>>> text to end-users who click on the attachment name or the "View" link.
>>>
>>> ".docx" vs. ".doc":
>>> "
>>> TextAndPictures1.docx 42 k [ text/plain ] Download | View
>>>
>>> DOC-TextAndPictures2-DOC.doc 266 k [ application/msword ] Download
>>
>> Could it be that no one has yet updated the web server to recognize .docx
>> extensions and how to handle them?
>
> webserver does not care about file types. User's browser tells to
> webserver that it is uploading text/plain file.
>
> --
> Tomas
>

> Huh ??
> Apache will convert to text type if it doesnt know
> what to do with it..
> the .docx needs to be added to the httpd config

We are not talking about files downloaded from webserver. It is about files
uploaded in html multipart/form-data form.

Here goes capture from Live HTTP headers.
---
POST /somepath/src/compose.php HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
---

My webserver does not know anything about docx and sample.docx is attached
as application/octet-stream.

If it is set by webserver, why Safari sets broken mime type on .dwg files
and other browsers don't do that.

--
Tomas