Re: Does it need X packages to run SquirrelMail ?

--- Ben Kamen <bkamen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Do I need X packages to run SM which is installed on a Ubuntu 6.05
> LTS
> > Drake amd64 box?  Because this is a server no X packages have been
> > installed.  Apache is running on it.
> >

> > If it need X to run.  Please advise what will be the basic X
> packages
> > required.  TIA
>
> Not that I know of or could see a reason as to why.
>
> I used to run SM on a machine with no head and no X-windows.
>
> I do all my administration remotely via SSH.
>
> I'm curious as to why you think you need Xwindows installed?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm running headless installing a LAMP server on a Ubuntu box.

Network connection:-

Working mail server local IP 192.168.0.10
Testing LAMP server local IP 192.168.0.52
No port is forwarded to the testing LAMP server on router.

After config SM finished, I can't start SM on the Testing mail server.

On the Working mail server running:

https://192.168.0.52

started Apache remotely displaying;
apache2-default/
phpmyadmin/

Clicking "apache2-default" starts Apache2 default page

On running;
https://192.168.0.52/squirrelmail

it redirects it to;
https://192.168.0.52/squirrelmail/src/login.php

which seems the SM on the Working mail server, version 1.4.6

The version of SM on the testing mail server is "2:1.4.6-1".  I can't
login to their users.

Therefore I doubt whether I need X packages.  Any advice?  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L