Re: SquirrelMail login with Content Advisor Enabled

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Kevin Squire <gentgeen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, let me say thanks and great work to the squirrelmail development
> team, and the community surrounding it. The fact that I have been using SM
> for 2+ years now without ever having to email the mailing list says a lot
> for the product and the documentation that comes with it.  Great job all.
>
> I did had a problem with my users accessing SquirrelMail with Content
> Advisor turned on.  I did a lot of searching, and only found dead ends. Lots
> of notes that either did not have any answer, or the only answer was to turn
> off Content Advisor.  Although I personally agree with the "turn off"
> option, this was not a acceptable option for my bosses.
>
> After a lot of research, I have put together what I did to make it possible
> for my users to login to SquirrelMail and still have Content Advisor turned
> on.  I have documented the process on my website -
> http://www.wikiak.org/howtos/index.html?Squirrelmail_And_Content_Advisor

Thanks.  Nice work.  You might also consider putting patches (unified
diff) on that page.

Also, reading http://www.hanselman.com/blog/IEsContentAdvisorPICSRatingsAndTheASPNETFlakeyOfTheDay.aspx
I would just suggest that people who have this problem and want a
simpler solution might first try *removing* SquirrelMail's index.php
and see if that helps, since part of the problem might be that when IE
asks for index.php, SquirrelMail redirects to login.php, which in turn
ends the user's session.  An alternative might be to make index.php
redirect to webmail.php instead of login.php.