Re: Set squirrelmail cookie/login with a CMS

Paul Lesniewski ha scritto:
> Why are you starting with an outdated release?

Basically because it's the version installed on the server, until the
sysadmin updates it.

> Also, you should search the mailing list archives (both this list and
> the squirrelmail-devel list) for recent conversations about this where
> the chosen solution was not to create the cookies ahead of time, but
> instead to pass along the username and password to src/redirect.php
> when the user clicked to go to their email.  I'm not a fan of this
> method, especially if done with GET arguments (in the URI), but it
> seems like a few people have chosen this method.

Ok, I've searched a little bit and the best thing I've found is to
install login:auto in SM and then to set a cookie in my CMS that
login:auto can understand and use to log in to SM.
Now, let's see if I've understood somethig! If I'm right, I should copy
to my CMS the MD5Encrypt and MD5Keycrypt functions of login:auto and
then in the login function I should add these two line:

setcookie('user', base64_encode(MD5Encrypt($user_name, '[string =
$auto_key]')), 0, $base_uri);
setcookie('pass', base64_encode(MD5Encrypt($user_pass, '[string =
$auto_key]')), 0, $base_uri);

taken from the function login_auto_set_cookies_do(). I've modified the
cookie expiration, so it expires when the user close the browser, and I
want to write "/" instead of $base_uri (even if maybe SM will not be on
/ directory). Am I right or should I do something more?

Unfortunately, I can't try this on my computer (where I'm working), and
I'll be able to test in only when I'll install the whole thing on the
server, so it would be nice to know if it should work or not, I'm asking
because of this.

thanks,
Iacopo