Re: read receipts & Spam

> I am using Squirrel Mail 1.4.9a on a Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10.
> We have the annoying problem that Squirrel Mail "read receipts" are
> always treated as spam.
>
> The reason is simple:
> MailScanner & Spamassassin say: "No sender or watermark detected"
>
> If I am interpreting the headers correctly then the watermark header
> is the "MailScanner-NULL-Check" header, but how can I teach squirrel
> to fetch and send that header if mentioned in an email?

SpamAssassin 3.2.4 and MailScanner 4.69.9-3 can't say "No sender or watermark
detected". They don't have such strings.

You can't teach SquirrelMail to set watermark header, because such header might
allow to manipulate mailscanner scores. Any sane software will ignore such
watermarks in incoming email.

You have to find why this error is triggered. It is not watermark. Maybe
SquirrelMail fails to set some headers required in DSN or MailScanner does not
like null sender which is required in DSNs.

Please note that you are talking about error message of third party software
here. You should say exact error message or people will be unable to find
information about it. Only MailScanner people might notice that you are
confusing "No sender or watermark detected" with "no watermark or sender
address" or some other error message. Only they can tell what tests are executed
by MailScanner and why they fail.

--
Tomas