Re: How many messages is squirrelmail designed to handle?

> I was wondering if there were any tests that the QA team contributers to
> squirrel mail run as to how many messages / size of a mailbox squirrel
> mail can handle.
>
> It seems that right around the 10k message mark milestone, users report
> their experience accessing squirrel mail gets 'slow'. I've researched this
> online and I found that this is resolved with some solutions mentioned
> online, namely the imapproxy software package or enabling thread and server
> sort in config.

Thread sorting does not improve performance. It adds new option that might be
slow or cause issues on larger mailboxes.

> After that 10k mark, I'm not sure what the limits are to mailbox sizes /
> number of messages that people encounter. I'm also curious to user's methods
> of resolution of the problem once they reach the next milestone.

Missing bits of information.

Used mailbox type? Use IMAP server? List of enabled SquirrelMail plugins? Your
'uptime' and 'free' output on Unix or some statistics that show CPU, memory and
swap utilization on Windows.

--
Tomas