squirrelmail (Change LDAP Password) - password restrictions problem

Hello,

I use Etch/Debian Linux, LDAP (slapd) with ppolicy.schema. This works
with squirrelmail very good.

ppolicy feature forces password restrictions (also password length).
I set min. password length on 8 characters, and under shell (example bash)
ppolicy feature works fine. When I change password (command passwd or
ldappassword) shorter passwords are deny,

I have a problem with it under squirrelmail. Plugin change LDAP Password
under squirrelmail works good too (change password), but in this case
password restrictions don't force at all. My LDAP accept also very
short password (example one character).

This a bad idea.

How can this plugin ignore LDAP restriction password ? I don't understand
it at all.

How command use this plugin to change password in LDAP ? How can I force
longer password ?

my slapd.conf
include         /etc/ldap/schema/ppolicy.schema
[...]
moduleload      ppolicy
[...]
overlay ppolicy
ppolicy_default "cn=ppolicy,ou=policy,dc=pam,dc=szczecin,dc=pl"

slapcat
[...]
dn: ou=policy,dc=pam,dc=szczecin,dc=pl
ou: policy
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: cn=ppolicy,ou=policy,dc=pam,dc=szczecin,dc=pl
objectClass: device
objectClass: pwdPolicy
cn: ppolicy
pwdAttribute: 2.5.4.35