Re: migration from file-preferences storage to db

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Dmitry Banchshikov
<d.banchshikov@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
>  I try ti use flat2db perl script to convert user preferences and address
>  book from file storage to database.
>  There is few problems.
>  First - because of some users try to login using logins, different in
>  case, for example inside_210 and Inside_210 -
>  there is two different preferences for the same user.

This isn't a problem with the conversion process - it is a problem
with your original SM configuration.  It's usually a good idea to set
the configuration option that forces usernames to lowercase and then
you never have this problem.  For you *now*, you just have to decide
which pref file is more up to date and erase the other one.

>  Second - this script generates INSERT queries, but not for all
>  preferences. It is look so, that it takes only preferences from
>  upper directory, but not from directory structure(i mean a,b,c,d etc...)
>  So, the question is - how to convert data more complete?

Please elaborate or give an example.  Perhaps the script does not
traverse hashed prefs directories.