Re: Spam filters

On Tue, March 25, 2008 09:37, Stewart Montgomery wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Firstly, I am not a squirrelmail user, my email hosting service is the
> user
>
> Secondly, I would like to know how to get my mail hosting service to
> utilise
> a decent spam filter ?
>
> currently, I am expected to enter each spammers address singly and
> individually, which would take three hours or so per day, at the current
> rate I receive spam mail
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated
>
> best regards
>
> Stewart Montgomery
>
> smonty@xxxxxxxxx
1st, you can suggest they install something like spamassassin.  If they
have turned on server side filters you can look for keywords and use that
to move them to a 'probably spam' folder.  You really need to address this
question to them as they control which plug-ins are available.  Note:
filtering for SPAM can get very processor intensive so they may have
chosen not to do so. We do web hosting and couldn't turn anti-virus
filtering on until we got new hardware.

Bottom line you need to taok to your ISP. If you are interested you can go
to the squirrelmail site and look at the plugins and suggest some to them.
 However, they may not match their configuration.

------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com