Re: Error logging fputs function errno=10057

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:18 AM, ianniow <inorth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi
>   I havew been searching artound and cannot find any answerss to my problem.
>  After entering my user name and pasword I gat the following error.
>
>  Notice: fputs() [function.fputs]: send of 44 bytes failed with errno=10057 A
>  request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not
>  connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no
>  address was supplied. in C:\apache\htdocs\mailold\functions\imap_general.php
>  on line 63

Show your server settings and, most important, watch your mail log
file(s) to see what the server is saying about these errors.  Check
the mailing list posting guidelines if you need more information about
how to do either of these things.

>  My configtest shows a similar meassage.
>  This script will try to check some aspects of your SquirrelMail
>  configuration and point you to errors whereever it can find them. You need
>  to go run conf.pl in the config/ directory first before you run this script.
>
>  SquirrelMail version:   1.4.13
>  Config file version:    1.4.0
>  Config file last modified:      17 March 2008 08:16:46
>  Checking PHP configuration...
>     PHP version 5.2.5 OK.
>     display_errors: 1
>     error_reporting: 6143
>     variables_order OK: GPCS.
>     PHP extensions OK.
>  Checking paths...
>     Data dir OK.
>     Attachment dir OK.
>     Plugins are not enabled in config.
>     Themes OK.
>     Default language OK.
>     Base URL detected as: http://web2k3/mailold/src (location base
>  autodetected)
>  Checking outgoing mail service....
>
>  Notice: fputs() [function.fputs]: send of 4 bytes failed with errno=10057 A
>  request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not
>  connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no
>  address was supplied. in C:\apache\htdocs\mailold\src\configtest.php on line
>  356
>     SMTP server OK ()
>  Checking IMAP service....
>     IMAP server ready (* OK IMAPrev1)
>     Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN IDLE QUOTA SORT
>  Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
>      gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must
>  have appropriate system locales compiled.
>      mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
>      recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
>      iconv - Iconv functions are available.
>      timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
>  Checking database functions...
>     not using database functionality.
>
>  Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!
>
>  I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to php and apache. Bu the system was
>  working and then it broke for unknown reason.
>  any help greatful

It can only break when you change something.  Review what you changed.