left frame with message boxes does not disappear after user signs out

hello all
I have squirrel mail in 2 different intallations but with the same problem.
The version of squirrelmail is 1.4.13 and is installed on a apache 1.3.41
with modssl 2.8.31-1.41 on both installations and with php 5.2.5 on the
first on slackware 10.2 linux and the other with php 4.4.8 on slackware
linux 8.1. On both installations when a user signs out the left frame does
not disappear and if he chooses to sign in agian there are 2 frames with the
message boxes and that goes on and on. If after the user signs out you click
for example on INBOX there displays an error "You must be logged in to
access this page" and after I press the goto the login page the left frame
vanishes. The problem is the same with firefox 2.0.0.12 an IE 7.0.5730.13

Thanks for your replies

Giannis Mantzouranis