Re: Squirrelmail hanging after submitting login

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Brad Cathey <breadwild@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > New to the list, so I'm hoping to meet some helpful folks.
>  >
>  >  Background: running dedicated server with Debian 4, Apache 2, PHP
>  >  4.4.4, Squirrelmail 1.4.0, and exim4 as the mail program.
>
>  Double check your version.  We need the SM version, not that of the
>  configuration tool.

Sorry, SquirrelMail version 1.4.9a

>  >  Everything was working fine when out of the blue logging in hangs
>  >  after clicking submit on login. /redirect.php appears in the URI but
>  >  it just hangs.
>  >
>  >  I'm a Perl guy, so not sure how to debug, even see where it is hanging.
>
>  So you should be familiar with server error logs.  They are described
>  in our mailing list posting guidelines, which surely you've read....

First, and easiest, the system hangs and then posts the following to
the browser:
"ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server."

Logs are showing:
Mar 12 16:07:36 Domainnamehere spamd[27339]: prefork: sysread(9)
failed after 300 secs at
/usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/SpamdForkScaling.pm line 561.

Helpful? Thanks.