Re: Default Citation

Why didn't you read the mailing list posting guidelines?  If you had,
you'd surely know that top-posting is not appreciated here.

> > > I am using the following along with squirrelmail.
> > >
> > > SquirrelMail version 1.4.10
> > > MTA - Postfix
> > > Imap server - cyrus-imap
> > > Webserver - Apache server
> > >
> > > When i create a user in my mail server i would like the default citation
> > > be - ON DATE AUTHOR WROTE.
> > >  Right now it show me as NO Citation.
> > >
> > > It is  possible to set a default citation with any configuration file.
> >
> > http://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-5.html#ss5.5
>
>  My current SM setting create a user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the directory
> /var/local/squirrelmail/data  , every time i create a user, with the user
> name.
>
> How can i make it to refer to the default_pref, every time i create a user.

It does exactly this (but only when the user first logs in, not
before) unless you store your preferences in a database or other prefs
backend.

>  I have followed the instruction as per you link below.  It does not work.
> It is a file based preference.

It works as far as I know.  You haven't given any other information,
so all I can assume is that you are looking at users who have already
logged in once and have had their prefs file created.  If not, then it
is your responsibility to find related errors in your logs as to why
the default_prefs file is not being consulted.