sendmail verbose output

Hi,
My set up is
Debian - Etch / php5.2.08/apache2/squirrelmail1.5.1/plugins installed - calendar, squirrelspell, 'html_mail, spam_buttons.
For composing and sending mails through squirrelmail we use exim4 with additional -v argument for verbose output.
Some of our users want Delivery  Receipt, which is not working in squirrelmail 1.5.1, so I am thinking of  redirecting the verbose output  from exim to a file (that with contain all the helo ehelo etc) and  provide that as delivery receipt.
So appreciate if any one can point to the right place to look for redirecting the verbose output from exim while sending mails.

Thanks,
coolprgrmr.