Re: Problem sending email, using reverse proxy

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Jeroen Hooyberghs
<jeroen.hooyberghs@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>  > On Feb 11, 2008 7:39 AM, Jeroen Hooyberghs <jeroen.hooyberghs@xxxxxx> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Hey,
>  >>
>  >> I have the following issue: I'm running my own apache2/squirrelmail at
>  >> home on port 8000. I purchised a domainname, wich allowed me to use
>  >> reverse proxy so I can just access it using port 80 in any browser.
>  >>
>  >> Everything is working nicely when I connect directly on port 8000 (so
>  >> when not using my domain name, but on IP:8000).
>  >>
>  >> Also when I connect on http://domainname:80, it seems to be working all,
>  >> except for 1 thing.
>  >> When I compose a new email, the screen displays the usual things (with
>  >> frame url:
>  >> http://domainname/src/compose.php?mailbox=INBOX&startMessage=1), so far
>  >> so good.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Why?  This URI does not have the :80 that you stated above.  Please explain.
>  >
>  >
>  My bad, just wanted to show that traffic should go on port 80, so what I
>  actually do is just open http://domainname.
>
> >> However when I press send, it displays connection timed out
>  >> after a minute. The URL the frame has at that time is
>  >> http://domainname:8000/src/right_main.php?mailbox=INBOX&sort=0&startMessage=1.
>  >>
>  >
>  > So the port number is a problem here, right?  Where did SM get the
>  > port from?  My guess would be that you configured the
>  > $config_base_location, although that doesn't make full sense.  It
>  > might be best to do so.
>  >
>  >
>  Indeed, the portnumber is the problem, it should just stay
>  http://domainname instead of the http://domainname:8000.
>  I haven't touched the $config_base_location yet, but I'll look for it
>  and try to modify it to see if that changed anything.
>
>  I don't know where SM gets that portnumber, but on my local apache2,
>  everything is configured on port 8000, nothing runs on port 80 locally.

This is why.  PHP gets the request on port 8000 so SM knows it is
really on that port and builds the "location base" using that
information.  It does not know you are running any proxies in front of
it.  So you need to manually tell it what the "location base" is.  You
can also change it in conf.pl -> 4 -> 15