Re: Autorespond plugin

> >> I am using squirrelmail 1.4.13 with Dovecote and postfix on ubuntu 6.10.
> >> Is there a way to have the autorespond plugin send a vacation message
> >> every
> >> time an email is received from the same email address instead of just the
> >> first time a message is sent.
> >
> > That's not a question for the plugin.  The plugin merely sets the
> > responder on/off and with a message.  Your mail delivery system does
> > the actual autoresponding.  You need to know how to configure your
> > autoresponse system.  If you don't know how to do that, read up on
> > your mail system and ask in the right forum.  Also note that "Local
> > User Autoresponder and Mail Forwarder" will also work for you, but the
> > answer to your question will still be the same.
> >

> I don't think that is right.
> when looking at the plugin config file I found this line-
> $AUTORESPOND_OPTS['vacation_alias']  = '  -a %s';
> and changed it to-
> $AUTORESPOND_OPTS['vacation_alias']  = ' -r 1 -a %s';
> which calls the vacation program and makes it send a response every day (I
> think).

Seems OK.  The point I made was that the configuration and operation
of the autoresponder (knowing how those things work) is something that
needs to be done *outside* the realm of the plugin, after which you
can integrate the plugin with that system.  If the plugin can help
control some of the autoresponder options, great, that's what it's
there for, but knowing how and why those things work is
system-specific, not part of the plugin and is the homework that needs
to be done before using the plugin (merely a front-end to the
autoresponder system).