Re: Bug Report

On Thu, February 7, 2008 17:30, Gabrielle wrote:
> I subscribe to the squirrelmail-users mailing list.
>   [x]  True - No need to CC me when replying
>   [ ]  False - Please CC me when replying
>
> This bug occurs when I ...
>   ... view a particular message
>   ... use a specific plugin/function
>   ... try to do/view/use ....
>

> The description of the bug:
>  Each + EVERY TIME I login to my account: < aquagabe >, I am Besieged by
> SPAM MAIL (A large # are of crude, sexual nature which I find VERY
> OFFENSIVE).     I have been 'Literally' Over-run by SPAM MAIL for Many
> Years in this account.    Nothing and it seems NOBODY @ VCN's
> Squirrelmail has taken the time to help me, Resolve this.     I ended up
> coming in and opening two other accounts - just so I could Email my
> friends (whom I 'want' to hear from, without having to deal with all this
> hassel), and the other was for Correspondence School Work Studies.   -Now
> that One is also being besieged by SPAM MAIL.     --Can't Anything Be Done
> About This?
> --Can I Close This Account Completely and ReFresh or ReOpen it ANEW???

Has your ISP installed, configured SPAMASSIN?
You might look at Options->MailFilters as a work around.
We host mailboxes for the clients who have websites with us and we've
combined SPAMASSIN and a home grown prefilter which does something similar
to the mailfilter function, but in front of spamassin. Has cut down my
spam to about 1/6 original volume and mailfilter will move the offensive
ones that get by out as well.  One thing, don't delete the spam because
you will have false positives (i.e., ham that gets marked as spam).

Setting up spamassin is an ISP IPP function.  so you need to talk to them.
 Use the mailfilter until this happens and as a backup afterwards.

Just my $0.02

Bill