Re: spam_buttons

Please read the mailing list posting guidelines - please do not
top-post and do not remove all of the thread context, thank you.

> > > As i see theres a new version of spam_buttons.
> > > When i was testing it i noticed that all my previous spam marked mails
> > > submited as nobody user.
> > > My webmail and email servers are on seperate computers.
> > > I was trying to use spamassassin as per-user configuration.
> > > With the new spam_buttons plugin i tried to use spamc reporting option too,
> > > and when i run spamd with --allow-tell option i noticed the following error:
> > >
> > >  [9220] info: spamd: handle_user unable to find user: 'oguzhank'
> > >  [9220] warn: spamd: still running as root: user not specified with -u, not
> > > found, or set to   root, falling back to nobody at /usr/sbin/spamd line
> > > 1147, <GEN4> line 6.
> > >  [9220] info: spamd: Tell: Setting local for oguzhank:65534 in 0.3 seconds,
> > > 5832 bytes
> > >
> > > As i said all bayesian submissions seems belongs to  nobody user, and i
> > > think for that reason spamassassin per-user bayesian filtering is not
> > > effective..
> >
> > Not effective because you didn't use the -u switch in your spamd/spamc
> > command. The solution is right there in the error message.
>
> Hello,and thanks for fast reply..
> Actually ,i am using -u parameter in spam_buttons as shown in examples of
> spam_buttons config  file...
> I both used
> $is_spam_shell_command = '/usr/bin/spamc -L spam -d localhost -u
> ###USERNAME###';
> and
> $is_spam_shell_command = '/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam --username=###USERNAME###
> configs.
>
> And i can see it sends the username (or email address...doesnt matter) to

Yes, it very well does matter.  You need to send either the full email
address or just the username portion thereof, depending entirely on
how the user accounts are set up on your system.  Only YOU can make
sure these things all agree.

> spamc/d or with sa-learn but... as i said..my mail server is not on the same
> server with squirrelmail. And it gives the error user not found so switches
> to nobody user by default.

Then the plugin is doing its job.  You need to configure your
spamassassin system to be able to use per-user configuration/bayes if
you want to use those things.  If you don't understand how to do that,
this is not the place to ask.