return-receipt-request causes error since 1.4.13

Hello there,

when an e-mail contains a request for a return-receipt and I confirm the
resulting dialog box, the return-receipt will be sent, but Squirrelmail
then pauses for about a minute before it prints the following error
message:

ERROR:
ERROR: Could not append message to .
Server replied: Message contains invalid header
ERROR:
ERROR: Bad or malformed request.
Server replied: Invalid tag

The return receipt will not be saved in the "Sent" folder. The problem
appeared after the upgrade to 1.4.13 and the behaviour is very similar
to the "I can send mail, but I can't reply"-problem I had with the
original Squirrelmail 1.4.13, but the error message is different. Also,
the session is not completely lost, I can click on a folder in the left
pane and continue working.

Current Setup:

- Squirrelmail 1.4.13
  (with Paul's "deliver.diff" patch for the "can't reply"-problem)
- address_add 2.1
- check_quota 2.2
- compatibility 2.0.9
- two special purpose selfmade plugins
- PHP 5.2.0 (Debian Etch)
- Apache 1.3.34 (Debian Etch)
- Cyrus 2.1.18 (Debian Sarge)

Can anyone confirm this? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance.