Re: Bug: Replies from subfolders not placed in sent mail on 1.5.2 or 1.4.14 with UW imap

On Jan 14, 2008 12:15 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Listmates,
>
>         Here is a heads up on an issues that affects both 1.5.2-dev and 1.4.14
> svn. The os is openSuSE 10.3 the mail server is UW imap imap-2006c1_suse-51.
>
> The Problem:
>
>         Replying from a subfolder successfully sends the reply, but the reply
> is not placed or recorded in the sent-mail folder. This same behavior
> occurs in both 1.5.2-dev and 1.4.14 svn. It is repeatable every time.
>
> Logs:
>
>         There is nothing remarkable in the mail or apache logs.

This is hard to believe.  Is your sent folder correctly configured?
Is your logging turned all the way up per the posting guidelines?  You
can also try turning on display_errors and see if you get anything on
the screen (instead of watching the logs).  If you really aren't
getting anything logged, the only way to track down the problem is to
insert your own debug statements one line at a time and see where
things are going awry.  You'll want to look in src/compose.php, near
the end of the deliverMessage() function, near where it does this:

$imap_deliver->mail($composeMessage, $imap_stream, $reply_id,
$reply_ent_id, $sent_folder);

This call will end up in class/deliver/Deliver_IMAP.class.php, in the
send_mail() method.  You can echo out the arguments sent to it, the
IMAP append command (those functions are in
functions/imap_general.php) results, etc.

Thanks