Re: Timeout sending replies

> I am having trouble sending replies from a new Squirrelmail installation.
> After clicking 'Send,' the message is sent to the SMTP server, but the
> user receives a http 500 timeout page. Since a copy of the message is not
> placed in the Sent folder, it seems that the timeout occurs between the
> sending of the message to the SMTP server and the placement into the Sent
> folder.

This sounds like a problem with the IMAP server.  Here is a link that sounds
like it could be related to your problem.

http://www.nabble.com/Error-when-replyring%3A-Connection-dropped-to14326564.html

Another version of the problem was noted here, and the solution for me was
to patch SM 1.4.13.

http://www.nabble.com/ERROR%3A-Connection-dropped-by-IMAP-server-to14409616.html

Hope this helps.